XG603-1A Matting Additive Formulation
The reaction percentage of this matting agent with Epoxy Resin is 10:1 and it it suitable for 5-60% gloss on 60°.
Select the gloss range you need according to the table below:
|%1 >||No matting will achive||Dosage less than %1 is not recommended|
|%6||%5 >||For pure epoxy system use only|
|Dosage more than %6 might damage the paint surface|
- The above table is not certain, the degree of certain gloss also depends on the resin.
- The epoxy equivalent should be in the range of 750-800. Gloss will change according to the epoxy equivalent.
View the suggested XG603-1A Matting Formula by changing the suggested gloss range in the calculator list below:
*The amount of resin is 60% of the total formula.
For example, if it is intended to achieve (5 to 10%) gloss in a formulation with Hybrid Polyester Resin (60-40), bellow steps should be taken:
- Total amount of resin: 60 Wt%
- Dosage of matting agent: 5% (according to desired gloss)
- Type of resin: 60/40 polyester resin (SJ5A)
- Consider 50 units of epoxy to react with 5 units of matting agent (Based on this fact that each unit of this matting agent reacts with 10 units of epoxy resin).
- The remaining amount of total resin is 10% (60-50=10)
- Residual amount of polyester and epoxy resin will be 6 and 4, respectively.
- Therefore, the total amount of epoxy 54% (54% =4% reaction with matting agent + 50%)