XG610B Matting Additive Formulation
The reaction percentage of this matting agent with Epoxy Resin is 2:1 and it it suitable for 5-25% gloss on 60°.
Select the gloss range you need according to the table below:
|3% >||No matting will achieve||Dosage less than 3% is not recommended|
|5 %||5% >||–|
|Dosage more than 5% might damage the paint surface.|
- The above table is not certain, the degree of certain gloss also depends on the resin.
- The epoxy equivalent should be in the range of 750-800. Gloss will change according to the epoxy equivalent.
View the suggested XG610B Matting Formula by changing the suggested gloss range in the calculator list below:
*The amount of resin is 60% of the total formula.
For example, if it is intended to achieve (5 to 15%) gloss in a formulation with Hybrid Polyester Resin (60-40), bellow steps should be taken:
- Total amount of resin: 60 Wt%
- Dosage of matting agent: %4 (according to desired gloss)
- Type of resin: 60/40 polyester resin (CP-6410-C)
- Consider 8 units of epoxy to react with 4 units of matting agent
- The remaining amount of total resin is % 52 (60-8=52)
- Residual amount of polyester and epoxy resin will be 31.2 and 20.8, respectively.
- Therefore, the total amount of epoxy % 8.28 (% 8 reaction with matting agent + % 20.8= % 28.8 ).