XG607C Matting Additive Formulation
The reaction percentage of this matting agent with TGIC is 20:1 and it it suitable for 5-25% gloss on 60°.
Select the gloss range you need according to the table below:
|3% >||No matting will achieve||Dosage less than 3% is not recommended|
|Dosage more than 5% might damage the paint surface.|
- The table below is not certain, the degree of certain gloss also depends on the resin.
- The epoxy equivalent should be in the range of 750 – 800. Gloss will change according to the epoxy equivalent.
View the suggested XG607C Matting Formula by changing the suggested gloss range in the calculator list below:
*The amount of resin is 60% of the total formula.
For example, if it is intended to achieve (20 to 30%) gloss in a formulation with TGIC polyester resin, bellow steps should be taken:
- Total amount of resin: 60 Wt%
- Dosage of matting agent: 5% (according to desired gloss)
- Type of resin: 93/7 polyester resin (SJ4ET))
- Due to the fact that this matting agent reacts with TGIC the TGIC in the formulation should be increased by one unit for every 10 unit of the matting agent.
- Calculated total amount of resin is 55.8% (60*0.93 = 55.8).
- Therefore, the total amount of TGIC will be 4.7 (4.2 + 0.5 Reaction with matting agent = 4.7)